Saturday 7 August 2021

Retired from Oxford Economics

This blog has moved to Medium.

In pursuit of fun and to be my own boss for a while I’ve left Oxford Economics.

Other places to find me:

I'm proud and very fortunate to have been able to devote nearly ten years of my life to Oxford Economics, a great company with incredible prospects ahead. My experience was amazing, which I attribute to the great team that worked for me and many wonderful and smart people at OE. THANK YOU. It was rare to have been given the remit to redesign (rip-and-replace) the entire IT landscape at the organisation - products, platforms, services, and IT team - whilst keeping the business running. These were quite incredible times with plenty of good and bad memories which I'll enjoy and reflect upon for many years to come (I hope!).

I’m excited about AB/NED roles I've lined up in various tech start-ups; plus education, coaching and mentoring activities in various technical communities in US, UK and East Africa. A personal goal is to play consistently to my 7 handicap in golf, and even bring it down a notch or two! I will be busy which is just how I like it.

This is one of the first pictures I drew 9+ years ago to help me tell part of the story of an integrated set of secure cloud services - no boxes, no lines, just a cozy bundle of loosely coupled but neatly composed services.







No comments:

Post a Comment